Friday, October 13, 2017

An air-raising tale

An air-raising tale! 


I've been hearing about the Airfryer for a while now. Close friends have told me how they use it thoroughly for crispy oil-free food, for bakes, and the like. Having to work inside of a tiny cabin-like kitchen (dark, small, irredeemable....but that plaint and my heroic production of food in this anarkali-tomb like place, is a whole other story), I just don't allow thoughts and suggestions about new gizmos that will occupy any kind of fingerprint, leave alone a footprint, in my kitchen. 
And then one day a friend, up until now a very enthu cutlet as they call it, about cooking, but who has begun to reduce and cutback after years of fantastic culinary feats, simply plonked one on me. She had been gifted it, and she felt she could not wrap her mind and space (enviably huge kitchen, mind you) around a whole new cooking system. 
And so this autoclave-looking thing landed up. With a slim but well-written cookbook of its own. I rapidly made in this, tandoori chicken, french fries, and little lava cakes. It was an utter delight, especially since cooking times were as little as 8 to 10 minutes or less. After that, yesterday's chappatis went in in strips, and made whole-wheat lavash, bhindi and karela got 'fried', onions got roasted, kopra got browned, peanuts got beautifully roasted...the Air-fryer (a Phillips one) ruled, while micros, ovens, gas stove etc looked on, a bit miffed.
It's a fantastic thing to have, take my word for it. It's safe - no funny waves...just rising and circulating hot air.

2 comments:

dipali said...

My sons gave me one on Diwali 2014. being the lazy person I am, I only used it for frozen French fries, after the younger son told me that he preferred my deep fried cutlets to air fried ones. Kitchen counter space being at a premium, it was passed on to the older daughter, who is enjoying it thoroughly for now.

Unknown said...

Thank You for sharing Information.
Custom Cake in Kharadi