Friday, August 25, 2017

Ronald (not Reagan)

I love my Ronald. A food processor that far too modestly calls itself a 2-in-1. I call it, easily, a 7 in 1. It's the work-horse in my kitchen. Unlike most food processors, it takes up not a whole lot of place and does not pile you high with too many jars and fussy parts. Works like a charm, is almost fully clumsy-person proof, does heavy-duty work, has an interesting coconut scraper arrangement that takes a little getting used to. I also discovered that you can make terrific short-crust pastry dough in it. You can get that the perfect 'breadcrumb texture' that all the recipes demand in seconds in the Ronald.
And the best-esst part is that the after-sales is fantastically efficient and pleasant. I've used it so much, that I've needed a few replacements of accessories here and there. Never a problem - under 24 hours, it's done - without tedious and useless call-centres involved.
The pizza-spice and thin-sliced mushroom sandwich fillings that I make for Pagdandi Cafe takes me under an hour to make and to maintain the even texture and consistency, week after week, thanks to my Ronald. The dry mixer part is industrial strength and will pulverize anything in seconds. The wet mixer larger jar tends to be a bit tardy - that's the only very tiny complaint. 

(pic from the Ronald website - mine has worked so hard that it does not look so clean!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now we know one portion of the magic! Dud Ronald have any part to play in the Risotto on Pim''s night? That's one Risotto all of us still dream about :D