Friday, June 25, 2010

Playback time


mann atakeya beparwa de naal.... my deemed daughter jaya just mailed me this qawwali of nusrat that she and i listened to like mad when she came to stay as a kid. we used to go mad clapping and jerking our heads - mad trance!
i love it when this kind of playback happens- when stuff you 'sunowed' your kids, they listen to it and remind you of it 20 years later. till my dad's last days in feb i was doing that too - unearthing old old songs that he used to sing or play and that i loved too, and i would find youtube versions to his extreme fascination!
g

1 comment:

dipali said...

What lovely memories music and the role reversals associated with it generate! My son is a far more accomplished listener of Urdu/Hindi
ghazals than I ever can be, and he enriches for us the old and familiar.