Monday, June 30, 2008

silence in the south

Had another rollicking launch of 3 Zakia Mansion in Pune. Well-attended, great weather, superb reading by Tanvi, some reading by me, vibrant bunch of guests aged 8 to 80. Brisk sales of the book, much signing and interview giving etc. However (isnt there always a however; every silver has a cloudy lining), puzzling and bewildering (polite words) news is that 3 Zakia Mansion is just not available in some of the great shops in Delhi, my friends tell me. Some of the really respectable non-chain fellers. As for South India...oh well, it seems blank looks is all people elicit if they ask for the book anywhere - Banglore, Chennai, Hyderabad....smaller towns I dont know, but somehow I dont think the shelves are groaning with 3 ZM in, say, Mysore, or Ooty or Salem! Jokes apart - why they have not found their way to the big, literate, English-speaking southern sisters, i have no, no idea. So for all of you who have sweetly been patiently been asking for a copy of 3 ZM at all your favourite bookstores, I just dont know what to tell you.

No comments: